10 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
1 partially baked pie crust
4 eggs
2 c. light cream (I use milk)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
pinch of pepper
1 1/4 c. grated Swiss cheese
Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the bottom of the tart shell. Combine the eggs, cream, salt, nutmeg and pepper in a bowl and beat to mix thoroughly. Sprinkle the cheese over the bacon and ladle the custard over all. Bake for 15 minutes at 425º; then lower the heat to 350º and bake for 30 minutes more, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
This is from a recipe book of mine, but Grandma probably has a better recipe.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very similar to the one I sent Melissa. I think yours might be better, Chrissy.
They are both good. Eric loved it.
I don't get the partially cooked pie crust. Do you just cook it for a few minutes and then add everything? If so, how long do you bake it?
Post a Comment